Now that I have accepted Jesus Christ …
Express your sincere gratitude to Almighty God for rescuing you from the eternity described in Luke 16:22-28, Mark 9:42-48 and Rev. 20:11-15.
“Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen” (1 Timothy 1:15-17).
Practice telling God thanks through prayer, meditation, praise, worship and testimony, and seek to develop an attitude of gratitude.
2. PRAYERKeep your focus on Jesus Christ and your dependence on him through continuous, daily prayer as indicated in Proverbs 3:5-6, Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 and Ephesians 6:18.
Set some special times (Mark 1:35, Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12) to talk with God each day, while also keeping an open heart to him continuously, throughout the day, so that you can speak to each other at any time and in any situation. (John 5:19-20, 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
3. BIBLERead it daily, meditate on it, study it systematically, believe it and obey its teachings (Joshua 1:6-9, Psalm 1, Psalm 119:9-11, 97-105, Matthew 22:29, Acts 17:10-11, 2 Timothy 2:15, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Heb.4:12).
You may want to start by reading a few verses from the books of Mark or John or James, each day.
If you are having problems doing so, don’t be afraid to ask your Pastor(s) for help.
4. WATER BAPTISMSeek as early as possible to be Water Baptized, as an identification with Jesus Christ, in response to his example and instructions. (Matt. 3:13-17, Rom. 6:1-4, Matt. 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16, Acts 2:36-41, Acts 8:34-39, Acts 10:47-48).
“‘Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.’ So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days” (Acts 10:47-48).
Speak with your Pastor(s) about getting Water Baptized as soon as possible
5. BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRITAsk God to baptize (fill or empower) you with his Holy Spirit, so that you may live with the same spiritual power as the early disciples did (Luke 11:9-13, John 7:37-39, Acts 1:4-8, Acts 2:1-21, Acts 8:4-8, Acts 9:15-19, Acts 10:44-48, Acts 19:1-7, Luke 10:19, Mark 16:17-20, 1 Cor.2:1-5).
“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them” (Acts 2:1-4).
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth����������� (Acts 1:8).
6. FELLOWSHIPBearing in mind that “as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another” (Proverbs 27:17), seek to develop Christian friendships and participate in godly activities (Acts 2:42, Psalm 1, Hebrews 10:24-25, 1 Corinthians 15:33).
Get involved in Christian groups and try to develop friendships with others who are also serving Jesus Christ. Remember that: “Bad company corrupts good character” (1 Corinthians 15:33).
7. LOCAL CHURCHSubmit yourself to a local church and its leadership, so that you will have spiritual covering and accountability for your life, in a setting where there is sound doctrine, caring pastors, Spirit-led worship experiences and sufficient opportunities to give and serve (Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 13:17, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, Ephesians 4:1-16, Romans 12:1-21).
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Ask God to show you a local church where you can attend, get involved and become a registered member, as quickly as possible
8. WITNESSShare with others what the Lord Jesus Christ has done, and is presently doing, in your life. Let your friends, colleagues and family members know about the decision you have made to live for him, and how they too can be saved. (Acts 1:8, Mark 5: 18-20, John 4:28-30, 1 Tim.1:12-17, Acts 22:6-21, 26:1-29, Rom. 1:16-17, Rom. 10:9-10, Acts 16:30-31, Matt. 28:18-20, Mark 16: 15-16)
“Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry” (2 Timothy 4:2-5).
We must not be ashamed to tell others about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Romans 1:16).