PORTMORE LANE COVENANT COMMUNITY CHURCH
Invites Applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of
The Pastor will be responsible for providing day to day pastoral care to the church and to help in guiding the church in executing its mission statement. The role will also involve preaching, teaching, providing leadership to Ministry Heads, Cell Group Leaders, liaising with the surrounding communities and maintaining relationships with associated churches and ministries. The post is Full Time.
Evangelical/Charismatic- Believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, the authority of the word of God and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. A born-again Christian for at least ten (10) years, water baptized and with a clear verifiable testimony. Blameless, if married, must be to someone of the opposite sex. Self-controlled, sober-minded, of good behaviour, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence. Must not be a novice, and have a good testimony among those who are outside. Should be able to exhort and convict those who contradict, using sound doctrine.
- Formal training from a reputable theological training institution
- At least five  years experience in Christian leadership in a church or Christian organization.
- Proven ability in effective Outreach and Evangelism activities
- Proven ability in handling conflict resolution issues
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to all staff to ensure that they function effectively.
- Lead the implementation of the church’s strategic plan
- Liaise with and coordinate the functioning and activities of the various ministries and resources.
- Conduct the weekly Bible Study, Preaching, Teaching, and Counselling [i.e. General, Grief, Premarital, Marriage and Family]
- Facilitating Corporate Prayer and Fasting
- Conducting Water Baptisms, Funerals, Weddings and Baby Blessings
- Visitation and follow-up of: Registered Members, Absent/Sick Members, First Time Visitors, New Converts and Back Sliders.
- Providing monthly reports to the Board of Elders regarding all pastoral duties.
- Providing leadership, accountability and training for other Ministry Leaders
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent preaching and teaching abilities
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent human relations skills with the ability to lead and motivate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- A servant attitude and willing to be accountable
- Ability to work in a team
Interested applicants are asked to send their applications and resume along with two reference letters to:
PORTMORE LANE COVENANT COMMUNITY CHURCH 16 PORTMORE AVENUE
BRIDGEPORT P.O.BOX 58
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org